Sidmouth swing concert will aid FORCE
Memory Lane Swing Band will swing into action for FORCE at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre next Saturday
SUPPORTERS of FORCE can do their bit to help the cancer charity and enjoy an evening’s entertainment, thanks to the Lions Club of Sidmouth.
After an absence of two years, the popular 17-strong Memory Lane Swing Band, with new vocalist Colin Robbins, will return to Sidmouth on Saturday, June 4, to Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre for a charity concert promoted by the Lions.
The band, based near Dorchester, was formed in 2002. Music director is Kevin Morgan, who is also principal trombone player with the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra.
For this concert, which starts at 7.45pm, the band will play some great numbers by Duke Ellington, Hoagy Carmichael, the Gershwins and more.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be music from various films and musicals, providing accompaniment for vocalist Colin Robbins.
Tickets at �10, available from the theatre box office (01395) 514413 between 10.00am and 2.00pm (not Sundays).
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 6 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Vaccine does work against Indian variant, says health secretary