Sidmouth teens enjoy Harry Potter magic
Movie cast a spell over Sidmouth College youngsters
TEENAGE Sidmouth College students were among the first to see the last of the Harry Potter films last Friday- and dressed as characters from the film to mark the occasion.
Around 15 pupils from years ten to12 saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two in 3D at Exeter’s Vue Cinema, writes Naomi Clarke.
They expressed excitement on the journey “There’s been a really big build up to this, the previews look great” said Emily Lawrence,15, who was dressed as Luna Lovegood, a likeable, strange character from the Harry Potter books and films.
The group saw a ‘colossal’ build up outside the cinema as many flocked to see the film on its’ opening night.
You may also want to watch:
They were not alone in their fancy dress efforts, as a few others had gone all-out to show their enthusiasm.
In general, the film did not disappoint and left the audience on a tearful, but joyous high.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
Will Sanders, 15, felt the film worked well in 3D, particularly for the battle in Hogwarts.
The long awaited film received mixed reviews, as devoted Harry Potter fan from the beginning, Jack Dicks,15, questioned the films accuracy with some details from the book.
It was an emotional end to the Harry Potter films, and Jack added: “We’ve all grown up with Harry, Ron and Hermione.
“Now it’s the end of an era and it’s sad to say goodbye”.
Sidmouth’s Radway Cinema is currently showing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two.