Sidmouth to stage Acorn Antiques the Musical
Sidmouth Musical Comedy Society holds auditions for hilarious Acorn Antiques show
AN all singing, all dancing version of the hilarious TV comedy Acorn Antiques, will be hitting the Sidmouth stage next year.
Sidmouth Musical Comedy Society is holding auditions on Monday, December 12, for Acorn Antiques the Musical, written by Victoria Wood and based on her TV sketches starring Julie Walters as the loveable cleaner Mrs Overall, Celia Imrie as Miss Babs and Duncan Preston as Mr Clifford.
The show has played to sell-out houses in the West End and on a recent tour.
Sidmouth Musical Comedy Society’s brand new production, which will be staged at the Manor Pavilion Theatre at the end of May 2012, is full of Victoria Wood’s unique characters, outrageous humour and a musical score that gives more than a nod to some well-known shows, such as Chicago, Gypsy, Company, Les Miserables, Blood Brothers and A Chorus Line.
You may also want to watch:
SNCS’s Geoff Self said: “We will be looking to have an ensemble cast of about 20 with a playing age range of 17 to 70 of all shapes and sizes!
“The ability to act, sing and dance/move at the same time will be a distinct advantage!”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Auditions on Monday start at 7.30pm in the Unitarian Church Hall, All Saints Road, Sidmouth for the parts of Mrs Overall, Miss Babs, Miss Berta, Mr Clifford, Bonnie, Tony, Hugh and Mimi.
There will be a recall on Wednesday, December 14 at 7.30pm. Other parts will be allocated later.
The show, to be directed by Martin J Kingston, will be staged in Sidmouth from May 27 to June 2 and rehearsals will begin early in the New Year. More details from Jacqui: (01392) 274699.