Sidmouth to welcome violinist Jack Liebeck
THERE is much excitement among concert-goers in Sidmouth, with the news that internationally-renowned Jack Liebeck will perform Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto at Sidmouth Parish Church next month.
Jack is special guest soloist in the forthcoming orchestral concert at the church on Saturday, October 15, from 7.30pm, which features the Isca Ensemble under musical director Roger Hendy.
Jack, pictured, has established himself as one of the most compelling young violinists on the concert platform, performing with many of the world’s leading orchestras.
He performs on a Guadagnini violin dated 1785 and won the 2010 classical BRIT award, Young British Performer of the Year.
Coupled with the famous Mendelssohn concerto, the Isca Ensemble, comprising almost 50 players, will perform three delightful movements from Stravinsky’s Pulcinella Suite, a short atmospheric piece for strings by the Estonian composer, Arvo Part and Beethoven’s Eighth Symphony.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets �10 (students �5), to include wine and refreshments, are available from Paragon Books, Sidmouth (01395) 514516, and at the door.
Mr Hendy said: “We are so lucky to have secured the services of a truly international star.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 8 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
“We aim to make a substantial donation to Christain Aid International Appeal to help with work in Africa with children.”