Sidmouth Town Band in concert with Rivertones
Forty-strong barbershop chorus returns to Sidmouth for charity concert
FOLLOWING previous successful concerts in Sidmouth, the Rivertones Barbershop Harmony Chorus return next month to share a stage with Sidmouth Town Band.
A special concert, sponsored by Sidmouth Lions Club, at the Manor Pavilion Theatre on Saturday, February 18, will raise funds for the Devon Freewheelers charity, which provides volunteer-based, out-of-hours deliveries of urgently needed blood, drugs, organs and medical supplies to NHS hospitals.
The combination of the award-winning town band and 40-strong barbershop chorus from Taunton, promises to deliver yet another great programme of popular, traditional and classical music to enjoy.
The concert starts at 7.30pm, with doors open from 6.45pm. Tickets, �9 each, are on sale now from the theatre box office (01395) 514413, from 10am to 2pm, Monday to Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Lion president Chris Rignall said: “These concerts are usually very well supported, so book early to avoid disappointment.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival