Sidmouth Town Band performs Last Night of Proms
Champion Sidmouth Town Band to hold annual Last Night of the Proms at Connaught Gardens
CHAMPION Sidmouth Town Band will again bring the Last Night of the Proms to Connaught Gardens, Sidmouth, this time on Saturday, August 20.
For the second year running, it returns as West of England third section champions and promises a fantastic evening of quality music with traditional proms pomp and circumstance.
Talented and popular soprano Val Howels will again join the band, performing various solo items and stirring the audience to sing along with the well-known patriotic music.
Replicating the Proms format of the Royal Albert Hall’s last night, the programme will include such favourites as Fantasia on British Sea Songs, Rule Britannia, Land of Hope and Glory and Jerusalem.
You may also want to watch:
For the second year running, Nick Agg-Manning will compere the evening.
Band chairman Christopher Holland said: “The Last Night of the Proms in Sidmouth promises to be a unique opportunity to experience good music, a fantastic venue and the potential to truly enjoy the atmosphere of the proms nearer to home.”
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
People are encouraged to bring picnics, tables, chairs, drinks and union flags at 6.30pm before the music starts an hour later.
Tickets are �5, available from band members and Sidmouth Information Centre. There will be a prize draw during the evening.
For further details of ticket sales, band news and contacts, check out the band’s website: www.sidmouthtownband.co.uk.