Sidmouth Town Band takes to the Manor Pavilion Theatre stage for Lion’s charity concert
- Credit: Archant
Special guest stars have now been announced
Always an annual favourite, the fundraising event promises audiences an enjoyable night of popular, traditional and classic music by band members, interspersed with performances from guest singers and musicians.
Vocal soloist Val Howels is among the line-up appearing in Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion on Saturday (February 11).
An associate of Trinity College London, Val is one of the founding members of Friends of the Band and has done a lot to help raise money.
Vocalists Sally Cregan, Alex Jackson and Charlie Craig, from the award-winning Honiton Community Theatre Company, will also take to the stage, following on from their successful appearance in the town band’s ‘Proms’ concert in Connaught Gardens last summer.
You may also want to watch:
Soloist Qian (Lucy) Xiaotong will demonstrate her talents on the guzheng - a plucked-string instrument. The St John’s School student has been learning the unusual instrument for 13 years.
Violinist Sally Bull will also perform a solo.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 6 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
The concert takes place at 7.45pm and doors will be open from 7pm.
Tickets are available at a cost of £10 each from the theatre box office by calling 01395 514413. Opening hours are between 10am and 2pm, Monday to Saturday.
This concert is to support the band’s project to acquire urgently-needed new headquarters, as well as Sidmouth Lions Club’s community service and charities.