Sidmouth writers publish book for charity
Sidmouth Voluntary Services to benefit from sales of writers group booklet
A GROUP of Sidmouth writers have produced an anthology of short stories and poems to sell for charity.
Members of Sidmouth Writers Group have published A Little Taste of Sidmouth, which contains 26 short stories, memories and poems.
Just �2.99, copies are available from Paragon Books, Sidmouth High Street, or from Twyford House, Coburg Road.
All the profit will go to Sidmouth Voluntary Services, which operates Twyford House, where the writing group meets once a month for two hours.
You may also want to watch:
Local artist, Margaret Adams, has illustrated the cover of the booklet, which was printed in the town.
Member Margaret Rourke said the group was about “being creative and a chance for like-minded people to meet up and swap ideas and share memories.”
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'