South West choir’s Sidmouth debut
- Credit: Archant
One of the South West’s leading choirs will be taking their musical delights to Sidmouth Parish Church for the first time next month.
The Exeter Chamber Choir will be singing a range of music, with something for almost everyone.
The programme features an unaccompanied Bach motet of ‘Lobet den Herrn’, and texts set to music by Healey Willan and Stephen Paulus.
In addition, the choir will be singing five arrangements of psalms in jazz settings by Andrew Daldorph, one of which received huge applause in a concert late last year at St Stephen’s Church in Exeter.
Sidmouth’s parish church will be the debut performance of the other four pieces, which vary from foot-tapping to contemplative and quiet.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets (£10 for adults, £7 for students and free for under-16s) are available from Paragon Books, by calling 01404 813041 or 01395 514909, or on the door.
The concert starts at 7.30pm on Saturday, June 22.
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters