Southwest Astronomy Fair
The Southwest Astronomy Fair is the only event of its kind to take place in the South West of England.
The Southwest Astronomy Fair is the only event of its kind to take place in the South West of England. It provides an opportunity to visit the observatory, attend some first class lectures by leading astronomers and to see the latest astronomical and related equipment from the various trade stands. Planetarium presentations and telescope dome tours will take place throughout the day and refreshments are also available.
In addition there are raffle prizes and a Solar System Trail Quiz for children.
The event takes place on Saturday, August 9, from 9am to 6pm at the Norman Lockyer observatory in Sidmouth.
Entry to the fair is £5 per adult and £2.50 for children under 18.
You may also want to watch:
Lectures are £4 per person.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford