Special play performance in Beer
Tonight sees a highly-acclaimed Devon arts group bringing its latest production to Beer.
The Mariners’ Hall is the venue for The Shaughraun, a fast moving comedy-drama written by Dion Boucicault, set on the west coast of Ireland.
Beer Arts Group (BAGS) has brought the Crediton Arts Centre group to the village to perform the play, which includes live Irish music.
Martin Cox, from BAGS, said: “The play is about a local man, who has been unjustly sent to the Antipodes.
“He subsequently escapes and his return to his native shore stirs up a hornet’s nest of dirty underhand work from a local, scheming landowner.”
You may also want to watch:
He said the group wanted to bring the play to Beer and share it with as many people as possible
The performance starts at 7.45pm, and tickets cost �8, �6 for children, and are available from Beer Post office or on the door.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 9 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
BAGS have also joined up with local restaurant Steamers, to offer a ticket and a two-course pre-show meal for �18. Contact 01297 22922 for details.