Wide-ranging programme of special shows at the Manor Pavilion during Sidmouth FolkWeek
- Credit: Contributed
Billy Bragg, Show of Hands and a host of other entertainers take to the stage
The traditional Manor Pavilion theatre provides a perfect venue for some truly outstanding shows.
This year there are two very special literary events with musicians and authors Billy Bragg and Peggy Seeger, whose conversations are sure to be both insightful and entertaining.
Will Pound, Benji Kirkpatrick, Ross Grant and Debs Newbold blend beautiful arrangements of traditional dance tunes and songs with spellbinding tales in Through The Seasons, while Magpie Lane celebrate their 25th anniversary in To Everything A Season.
Storyteller Matthew Crampton and choir director Paul Sartin present Living By The Sea in a powerful performance that take us on a trip amidst those whose lives are governed by the sea and the best of Scottish traditions from driving dance tunes to moving bothy ballads can be heard in Sounds of Modern Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
Manor Pavilion Highlights:
Saturday, August 4
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
8pm, Magpie Lane present To Every Thing A Season.
Sunday, August 5
3.30pm, In the Heart – The Lost Sound Dartmoor Folk Choir.
8pm, Alchemy – The Emily Askew Band in Concert plus Jack Rutter.
Monday, August 6
3.30pm, Billy Bragg In Conversation with Colin Irwin.
8pm, Will Pound’s Through the Seasons – The Music of Morris and Folk Dance.
Tuesday, August 7
3.30pm, The Life and Songs of Edward Capern – The Postman Poet with Nick Wyke and Becki Driscoll and Liz Shakespeare.
8pm, Sounds of Modern Scotland with Kinnaris Quintet, Ryan Young with Jenn Butterworth, Hector Riddell and Josie Duncan and Pablo Lafuente.
Wednesday, August 8
3.30pm, First Time Ever - Peggy Seeger In Conversation with Sandra Kerr.
8pm, Living By The Sea – Matthew Crampton and Faustus.