Wide-ranging programme of special shows at the Manor Pavilion during Sidmouth FolkWeek
- Credit: Contributed
Billy Bragg, Show of Hands and a host of other entertainers take to the stage
The traditional Manor Pavilion theatre provides a perfect venue for some truly outstanding shows.
This year there are two very special literary events with musicians and authors Billy Bragg and Peggy Seeger, whose conversations are sure to be both insightful and entertaining.
Will Pound, Benji Kirkpatrick, Ross Grant and Debs Newbold blend beautiful arrangements of traditional dance tunes and songs with spellbinding tales in Through The Seasons, while Magpie Lane celebrate their 25th anniversary in To Everything A Season.
Storyteller Matthew Crampton and choir director Paul Sartin present Living By The Sea in a powerful performance that take us on a trip amidst those whose lives are governed by the sea and the best of Scottish traditions from driving dance tunes to moving bothy ballads can be heard in Sounds of Modern Scotland.
You may also want to watch:
Manor Pavilion Highlights:
Saturday, August 4
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 10 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
8pm, Magpie Lane present To Every Thing A Season.
Sunday, August 5
3.30pm, In the Heart – The Lost Sound Dartmoor Folk Choir.
8pm, Alchemy – The Emily Askew Band in Concert plus Jack Rutter.
Monday, August 6
3.30pm, Billy Bragg In Conversation with Colin Irwin.
8pm, Will Pound’s Through the Seasons – The Music of Morris and Folk Dance.
Tuesday, August 7
3.30pm, The Life and Songs of Edward Capern – The Postman Poet with Nick Wyke and Becki Driscoll and Liz Shakespeare.
8pm, Sounds of Modern Scotland with Kinnaris Quintet, Ryan Young with Jenn Butterworth, Hector Riddell and Josie Duncan and Pablo Lafuente.
Wednesday, August 8
3.30pm, First Time Ever - Peggy Seeger In Conversation with Sandra Kerr.
8pm, Living By The Sea – Matthew Crampton and Faustus.