Summer concerts to take place in August at St Paul’s Church in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Summer series on concerts lined up for St Paul’s Church in Honiton.
The ever-popular August concerts at St Paul's, Honiton, are just around the corner.
Taking place on Friday lunchtimes, visitors enjoy a tasty lunch, and follow it up with a short concert, featuring the renowned organ in the church, as well as other instruments.
Organisers said the acoustics at St Paul's lend themselves beautifully to these events, and they have proved a great success over the years.
The concerts will start on Friday, August 2, with Kevin Lane (organ) playing 'Classic Favourites', followed by Stephen Bell (organ) and Stuart Paul (trumpet)playing 'Mainly English' on Friday, August 9.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, August 16, Ian Heavisides (organ) will perform '1685 and all that' and much more.
The last two concerts in the series will be on Friday, August 23, and Friday, August 30, when Richard Lester (organ) will play 'Baroque and rolls' and Andrew Carter (organ), Lynn Carter (oboe) and Catherine Sweatman (soprano) will perform 'Song and Dance', respectively.
- 1 August celebrations at Manstone Lane – Home of the Vikings
- 2 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 3 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 4 Property of the Week: Wolversleigh Farm
- 5 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 6 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 7 Return to online meetings thanks to progressive alliance
- 8 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 9 Artists given a masterclass in watercolour painting
- 10 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
Lunches will be served from noon for £4.50, and concert tickets (bought on the day) are £5, with the performance starting at 1pm.