Acclaimed play to be screened at The Beehive in Honiton
- Credit: Photo by Mark Douet
Story of a banking family to be told in three parts in one play.
A story of the family and a company that changed the world - told in three parts on a single evening - will be shown at The Beehive, Honiton.
The Lehman Trilogy will be screened at The Beehive direct from London's Piccadilly Theatre on Thursday, July 25, from 7pm.
On a cold September morning in 1844, a young man from Bavaria stands on a New York dockside, dreaming of a new life in the new world.
He is joined by his two brothers and an American epic begins.
You may also want to watch:
One-hundred-and-sixty-three years later, the firm they establish - Lehman Brothers - spectacularly collapses into bankruptcy, and triggers the largest financial crisis in history.
Academy Award-winner Sam Mendes directs Simon Russell Beale, Adam Godley and Ben Miles, who play the Lehman Brothers, their sons and grandsons.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Written by Stefano Massini and adapted by Ben Power this acclaimed play features stunning set design from Es Devlin.
Call the box office 01404 384050 or book via www.beehivehoniton.co.uk