Thoroughly modern musical
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society is proudly presenting the Sidmouth premier of Thoroughly Modern Millie. It is based on the 1967 movie starring Julie Andrews, Mary Tyler Moore and Carol Channing, about a young woman from Salina, Kansas, who moves to New York City
Sidmouth Arts Club Operatic Society is proudly presenting the Sidmouth premier of Thoroughly Modern Millie.
It is based on the 1967 movie starring Julie Andrews, Mary Tyler Moore and Carol Channing, about a young woman from Salina, Kansas, who moves to New York City in 1922, intent on modernising herself into a jazzy flapper.
Its Broadway adaptation and new songs make for an upbeat and energetic family show filled with thoroughly modern flappers, good looking leading men, and a slew of goodbye-good-goodie-girl dance numbers.
The show opens at the Manor Pavilion on Saturday, April 11, and runs until Saturday, April 18.
You may also want to watch:
For ticket information, call the box office on (01395) 514413.
The group has also announced its next two productions.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The society will be performing Gilbert and Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance in October 2009, and Learner & Loewe's My Fair Lady next Easter.
If you would like take part in either of these productions please contact Selwyn Kussman on (01395) 515279.