Blithe Spirit by TIPPS, a comedy for Halloween
- Credit: Archant
With Halloween approaching, what better time to enjoy a production of Noel Coward’s supernatural comedy Blithe Spirit?
The play is being presented by TIPPS at Tipton Community Hall, from Thursday, October 24 to Saturday, October 26.
The story is that novelist Charles Condomine is planning a book about a spiritualist, and as part of his research he invites an eccentric medium, Madame Arcati, to his home to conduct a séance with some friends.
Skeptical Charles expects her to be a fraud, but unfortunately for him, she summons the spirit of his late wife Elvira, although he is the only one who can see her.
Worse still, Elvira does not return to the spirit realm, but stays to torment Charles and his new wife Ruth.
You may also want to watch:
The play is suitable for all ages. Tickets are £8 for numbered seats and available from Tipton St John village store, or from Mo Mylne on 01404 815181.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government