Blithe Spirit by TIPPS, a comedy for Halloween
- Credit: Archant
With Halloween approaching, what better time to enjoy a production of Noel Coward’s supernatural comedy Blithe Spirit?
The play is being presented by TIPPS at Tipton Community Hall, from Thursday, October 24 to Saturday, October 26.
The story is that novelist Charles Condomine is planning a book about a spiritualist, and as part of his research he invites an eccentric medium, Madame Arcati, to his home to conduct a séance with some friends.
Skeptical Charles expects her to be a fraud, but unfortunately for him, she summons the spirit of his late wife Elvira, although he is the only one who can see her.
Worse still, Elvira does not return to the spirit realm, but stays to torment Charles and his new wife Ruth.
You may also want to watch:
The play is suitable for all ages. Tickets are £8 for numbered seats and available from Tipton St John village store, or from Mo Mylne on 01404 815181.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 9 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom