Top musical talent at Sidmouth charity concert
Phil Beer headline’s Ruth’s show to raise funds for Sidmouth Living With Cancer
TALENTED Phil Beer, one half of the award-winning duo Show of Hands, will headline a benefit concert at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion in aid of Sidmouth Living With Cancer.
Teamed up with brilliant acoustic guitarist Paul Downes, Downes & Beer will perform top quality songs on Saturday, February 18 in A Grand Night Out at the Manor Pavilion.
The concert has been organised by Ruth Lewis of Sidmouth’s own Ladies Northwest Morris side Sidmouth Steppers who are booked to open the show.
The first half will finish with harmony singing from Sid Vale Folk Choir.
You may also want to watch:
Ruth said: “The concert was to be part of the Sidmouth Herald Campaign 2010, but it was impossible to arrange it earlier than February.”
She said money raised would help finance the running costs of the group’s new mini-bus. (See pages 8-9).
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
She said Paul Downes performed a “dazzling array of styles” on acoustic guitar, while Phil Beer “is an incredibly talented multi-instrumentalist and top fiddle player” and ambassador for acoustic roots music.
Singer songwriter Tom Palmer has released two albums in this genre and will shortly tour with Reg Meuross as the Travelling Salesman.
Other acts include Dave Wood and Steve Thomason, two local singer songwriters who deliver provoking lyrics and beautiful guitar accompaniment.
The concert starts at 7.30pm and pre-booked tickets (�12.50) are on sale at the theatre box office (01395) 514413.