Top turns and joyous japes at Sidmouth theatre
A night of music, magic and mayhem in Sidmouth show
THEY are back. For one night only, Variety by the Sea, the show created by Sidmouth company Slightly Fat Features, returns to the Manor Pavilion Theatre on Saturday, December 11.
As always, expect a unique night packed full of music, magic, circus tricksters, madness, mayhem and hilarious routines for all ages.
It has been a year since the wizards of wonder were last here, but what a year for the company.
The show, which originated in Sidmouth in 2006, has been touring the country, playing the theatres and festivals, gaining standing ovations and critical acclaim.
You may also want to watch:
It also had a sell-out run at the famous The Roundhouse in London.
TV’s Dragon’s Den presenter Evan Davis found himself in a straight jacket and chains during BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, and the Fat team starred on ITV’s The Alan Titchmarsh Show, inviting him to try to spin plates and ride a miniature clown bike!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Since its beginnings four years ago, Variety by the Sea has had 10 completely different shows at the Manor Pavilion.
Producer and host Goronwy Thom said: “It is great to come back and play to our home crowd, I can’t thank Graham Whitlock, the theatre manager, and the Sidmouth audiences enough. Without their support, the show would never have succeeded.”
If you haven’t seen the show before, you may recognize Goronwy, who alongside cast member Richard Garaghty spent FolkWeek wowing audiences in Market Place this year with their hugely popular street theatre shows.
The regular Slightly Fat team will be joined by guest acts and plenty of surprises to be revealed on the night.
This sounds like a night of top turns and joyous japes not to be missed!
Tickets for the one night show are �10 (�7.50 concession), available from the theatre box office (01395) 514413.