Variety by the Sea returns to Sidmouth
Slightly Fat Features offer a cabaret spectacular at Sidmouth’s theatre
THEY have been described as “comedy magic”. Now Slightly Fat Features returns to Sidmouth for a one night show.
The comedy ensemble is at the Manor Pavilion Theatre on Saturday, March 10, from 7.30pm for Variety by the Sea, a cabaret spectacular, which was introduced to the town in 2006 by its host, Goronwy Thom, now a local to Sidmouth.
He has since taken the shows on to ITV, Radio 4 and theatres and festivals across the world.
Goronwy said: “Just before Christmas the troupe returned to a sell-out audience and were thinking they wouldn’t return until next December.
You may also want to watch:
“However, the opportunity arose and now the smash-hit variety troupe will return…with a feast of features and wonderful surprises that everyone will enjoy.”
The ensemble has been touring across the UK and Europe and is on a mission to take variety back to the theatre where it first started – Sidmouth.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
This brand new show is the 13th at the Manor Pavilion and will feature old favourites, new acts and special surprises on the night.
You may recognise Goronwy, who alongside cast member Richard Garaghty, wows FolkWeek crowds in Market Place with their double act.
Tickets are �10, �7.50 concessions, available from the box office: 01395 514465.