Variety by the Sea returns to Sidmouth
Slightly Fat Features offer a cabaret spectacular at Sidmouth’s theatre
THEY have been described as “comedy magic”. Now Slightly Fat Features returns to Sidmouth for a one night show.
The comedy ensemble is at the Manor Pavilion Theatre on Saturday, March 10, from 7.30pm for Variety by the Sea, a cabaret spectacular, which was introduced to the town in 2006 by its host, Goronwy Thom, now a local to Sidmouth.
He has since taken the shows on to ITV, Radio 4 and theatres and festivals across the world.
Goronwy said: “Just before Christmas the troupe returned to a sell-out audience and were thinking they wouldn’t return until next December.
You may also want to watch:
“However, the opportunity arose and now the smash-hit variety troupe will return…with a feast of features and wonderful surprises that everyone will enjoy.”
The ensemble has been touring across the UK and Europe and is on a mission to take variety back to the theatre where it first started – Sidmouth.
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
This brand new show is the 13th at the Manor Pavilion and will feature old favourites, new acts and special surprises on the night.
You may recognise Goronwy, who alongside cast member Richard Garaghty, wows FolkWeek crowds in Market Place with their double act.
Tickets are �10, �7.50 concessions, available from the box office: 01395 514465.