Variety Club entertains
Branscombe Variety Club is back with yet another season of entertainment. Amazingly, this tiny group of local people have raised nearly £100,000 for local charties.
Branscombe Variety Club is back with yet another season of entertainment.
Amazingly, this tiny group of local people have raised nearly £100,000 for local charties.
This year, for their show on September 4, members have asked local entertalner Wally Cotgrave to gather a cast of "all the talents". Val Howels, one of the most popular singers in Devon, headlines the show.
The equally talented Toby Williams brings his piano and "rock&roll" sounds to the evening. A new name, Tom Harris, fresh from his successful concert at Escot House and audition for the South-West Music School, can be heard on the cornet. Surprie speciality act , Sailor Sam and his Seven Singing Sealions .....might be there ?....Wally and Ned and theTermits make sure there will be plenty of laughter on tap.
You may also want to watch:
So remember Branscombe Village Hall, September 4, at 7.30pm. Tickets are £5, and there is a licsenced bar. Supper is extra at £2.50 and all monies from the evening will be shared between CLIC Sargeant, Children's Hospice South West and Sidmouth Lions Club's local charities
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 3 Sidmouth defeat Boringdon in national competition
- 4 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 5 Rugby youngsters finish season with five tries
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 New youth project will help young people's voices to be heard
- 8 Old Fore Street pedestrian zone will be open for bicycles to use
- 9 Communities encouraged to apply for rural building funds
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward