Variety show returns to its home
Variety by the Sea, the family cabaret is back in Sidmouth for one night only, tonight (Friday). The company Slightly Fat Features will return to Sidmouth after a sell-out show, as part of a major international arts festival.
Variety by the Sea, the family cabaret is back in Sidmouth for one night only, tonight (Friday).
The company Slightly Fat Features will return to Sidmouth after a sell-out show, as part of a major international arts festival.
The show, which became Variety in the Garden, was part of the Norwich and Norfolk Festival, where they performed in a world famous venue called the Spiegeltent, which is a unique cabaret venue.
The show was originally conceived in Sidmouth two years ago and, since then, has toured nationally.
You may also want to watch:
The performance kick starts a very busy few weeks for the show, as it will travel to be Variety by the Exe, at the Exeter Festival, where there will be two different shows, then it will be Variety by the Moor on Dartmoor and Variety in the Corn, in Devizes.
Host Goronwy Thom said: "It's brilliant to be back in the Manor Pavilion to do a new show, as it's our Sidmouth audiences who have helped make it what it is and, hopefully, now the show will continue to grow and tour worldwide, but we won't ever forget where we started"
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
The brand new line up will, as always, feature some of the best acts from around the world, packed full of circus stunts, live music and lots of laughs. Amazing artists coming to the event include gentleman juggler and table cloth expert Matt Ricardo, who has just returned from starring in variety theatres across Germany.
Bongo Bolero, with their stunning comedy acrobatics, Jon Hicks performing his brilliant new act and Guinness World Record Holder Arron Sparks.
There will be close up magic throughout the night from Robin Fox, the return of live musician extraordinaire Rob Lee with Richard Garaghty, Matt Barnard and host Goronwy Thom and even more surprise acts on the night!
The show, which is for any age, starts at 7.30pm and there are still tickets available at �10/7.50 at the Manor Pavilion box office 10am to 2pm, on (01395) 514413 or out of hours (01395) 514465.