We’ll relish this book!
- Credit: Archant
A Sidford eatery has taken a starring role in a new book about the finest restaurants in the region.
The Salty Monk joins the ranks of double Michelin-starred chef Michael Caines in Relish South West, part of a series of fine dining guides in the UK.
The book features chefs from Bath, the Isle of Wight, Devon, Cornwall, Bristol, Somerset and other parts of the South West.
Salty Monk owner Andy Witheridge said: “There’s a lot for us to be proud about here in Devon and hopefully people will really enjoy Relish South West.”
Michael Caines added: “As a Devon boy, I have always felt the importance of supporting local producers. In a rural area, that helps local communities to thrive and keeps businesses and families in the region.
You may also want to watch:
“The South West continues to lead the UK in high quality, authentic cooking with locally sourced ingredients and that’s what makes it special.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution