Wind power - Sidmouth energy group debate
THE answer to the UK s energy supply problem could be blowing in the wind, says Sid Vale Energy Action Group.
THE answer to the UK's energy supply problem could be blowing in the wind, says Sid Vale Energy Action Group.
A branch of the Vision Group for Sidmouth, SVEAG will meet at All Saints Hall, Sidmouth, at 7pm on Friday, October 16, to join the debate on Windpower: Fact and Fiction, investigating whether wind turbines are a serious option.
The group is holding a series of information evenings on energy-related topics that affect our lifestyle and pockets.
They will ask whether East Devon should follow the lead set by Oxford City Council in making land available for wind farms in August.
You may also want to watch:
Green energy generated will shelter the city's businesses, and eventually the wider community, from total dependence on imported oil and gas.
It will also generate additional revenues on their land assets too, says SVEAG.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
The first information evening discussed Reducing your Fuel Costs with Solar Energy was held on 24th September.
Call (01395) 578089 for further details about next week's event.