Writer Simon Brett to talk at Sidmouth
‘After Henry’ author rounds off Readers and Writers season at Kennaway House
POPULAR author Simon Brett will round off the successful Readers and Writers Season at Kennaway House on Thursday, September 23.
Simon is well known as the writer of After Henry, starring Prunella Scales, which was a great success on BBC Radio-4 and then on television.
He has since written the popular Radio-4 series No Commitments and Smelling of Roses.
Simon is the author of three series of detective novels featuring actor Charles Paris, Mrs Pargeter and the village of Fethering, based on a real village on the West Sussex coast.
You may also want to watch:
Before becoming a full-time writer, he was a producer for BBC Radio, where he produced the pilot episode of Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, and London Weekend Television.
Simon is the current President of the Detection Club, a dining club of distinguished crime and thriller writers founded by Agatha Christie; who also served as president, G K Chesterton, Baroness Orczy, Dorothy L Sayers and others.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
Tickets to hear him speak at the Cellar Bar, Kennaway House, on September 23 (7pm for 7.30pm), are �8, to include a glass of wine and canap�s).
They are available from Kennaway House (01395) 515551 and a credit card facility is now available.
You can visit the office daily from 9.30am to 2.00 pm to buy tickets.