Wurlitzer king Nigel Ogden in Sidmouth concert
Popular organist Nigel Ogden, of BBC Radio fame, will perform in aid of Sidmouth in Bloom on Saturday
POPULAR organist Nigel Ogden, of BBC Radio fame, will perform in aid of Sidmouth in Bloom on Saturday, June 4.
The concert will be held in Sidmouth Methodist Church from 7.30pm, and as well as his repertoire of organ music, Nigel will do an improvised accompaniment to the Laurel and Hardy silent classic You’re Darn Tootin’, on piano, during the second half of the concert.
He celebrates 40 years of broadcasting this year and, for more than 31 of those, has presented BBC Radio2’s longest running specialist music programme, The Organist Entertains.
Nigel’s particular style of organ playing has made him one of the country’s most popular performers, whether at the console of a Mighty Wurlitzer, a great cathedral organ, in church or chapel, on pipes or electronics.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert are �10, available from the Paragon Books and 4Homes, High Street, or on the door. There is no charge for accompanied young people under 16.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98