‘Not a decision taken lightly’ - Another Sidmouth business announces closure
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth shop providing mobility equipment and disability aids will shut at the end of the month.
More Than Mobility will not be renewing its lease and shutting its High Street store as of March 29.
The company was taken over by More Than Mobility in August 2016 after being previously owned by Hearing and Mobility.
A company spokesman said: “Due to the rising rents and rate costs we have take the difficult decision to close More Than Mobility Sidmouth, it is not something we have taken lightly.
“We did look for another space but it is either really big spaces or really small, the challenge in Sidmouth is trying to find space in the middle.”
You may also want to watch:
The nearest store is in Plymouth, which will handle any warranty issues after the business has closed.
Sidmouth Wines announced its closure last month, joining a growing list of businesses closing their doors in the last year alone.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead