‘Not a decision taken lightly’ - Another Sidmouth business announces closure
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth shop providing mobility equipment and disability aids will shut at the end of the month.
More Than Mobility will not be renewing its lease and shutting its High Street store as of March 29.
The company was taken over by More Than Mobility in August 2016 after being previously owned by Hearing and Mobility.
A company spokesman said: “Due to the rising rents and rate costs we have take the difficult decision to close More Than Mobility Sidmouth, it is not something we have taken lightly.
“We did look for another space but it is either really big spaces or really small, the challenge in Sidmouth is trying to find space in the middle.”
You may also want to watch:
The nearest store is in Plymouth, which will handle any warranty issues after the business has closed.
Sidmouth Wines announced its closure last month, joining a growing list of businesses closing their doors in the last year alone.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 10 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling